Saturday, November 8, 2008

What's for Dinner?

I'm so excited! I decided that I was going to start cooking again. (We've been giving Stouffers way too much business lately!) I put together a menu for an entire week and a comprehensive grocery list. WOW!! I spent a lot of money shopping yesterday! (I stocked up on staples and had to renew my Costco membership.)

So whats for Dinner?
Last night I made a double batch of Meatloaf. (it tasted okay, but is more like ground beef with LOTS of onions-it didn't stick together at all! - I have meat left for Lunch and another "loaf" in the freezer.

Tonight I'm making my Chicken Enchilada Casserole - yum! Anthony has been asking for it, I know it will freeze well - so I'm cooking a double batch - and freezing one. (see a pattern here?)

Tomorrow Night I'm going to try a recipe I saw on the Rachael Ray show - "Pumpkin Cream Tortellini Lasagna" (Making extra sauce to freeze!)

Monday - Turkey Burgers and Broccoli
Tuesday - Tacos (extra meat)
Wednesday - Lori's Burger in a Biscuit.
Thursday - Spaghetti (enhanced with extra veggies!)
Friday - Homemade pizza with Veggies on top.
Saturday - I was being silly and thinking I was leaving my family for dinner on their own so I scheduled a pre-made dinner. (See what a wonderful idea they are!) But now that I've discovered that I was just being overly excited, I might try another "fancy" meal and freeze extra again - just to get my freezer stocked up. - I want to try creamy chicken noodle soup if I can find a recipe.

No comments: